Rockhampton Bull Statues
, Rockhampton 4700
After your arrival in Rockhampton, it won’t take you long to see that the city has strong country roots and prides itself as being the Beef Capital of Australia! Six bull statues representing the main breeds of the area are situated throughout Rockhampton. In addition to the six official bulls, keep your eyes peeled for other life-size bulls decorating premises around Rocky. These quirky statues are part of the tri-annual Beef Australia Expo, which has become an icon even for the Australian beef industry and a major event for the State of Queensland.
1. The Brahman Bull was erected in 2000 at the roundabout on the southern entrance to the city.
2. The Santa Gertrudis Bull, in Frank Ford Park was erected in 1985.
3. The Droughtmaster Bull, at the entrance to the airport was erected in 1994.
4. The Braford Bull, located on the Bruce Highway was erected in 1978.
5. The Romangnola Bull, located in O’Shannesy Park, was erected in 1997 to commemorate the Italian Beef Cattle World Congress.
6. The Brahman Bull, located in the median strip near the Red Hill Homemaker Centre was erected in 1978 and represents the breed most suitable to this climate.